JOIN THE ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
FORUM. OUR EXPERTS
RESPOND

Clomid anyone?

in Share your experiences edited November 2016
I have been actively TTC for over 2 years started my 1st clomid cycle last month. I'm now around 5 days late so therefore cannot start 2nd cycle! 2 negative HPT taken 4 days ago. No period symptoms or pregnancy really from what I can tell. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant?? Any chance at all?!! :)

P.s. I'm aware clomid is not a miracle drug and does only encourage ovulation not guarantee pregnancy but I definitely did ovulate.

Any advice or likewise ladies gratefully accepted!! :)

Comments
  • Dear LindziC,

Thank you for sharing your case with us.

As you say, the objective of Clomid is to stimulate the ovulation and it is a first treatment step for infertility. If you have taken it this cycle, you have ovulated and still haven’t got your period you could indeed be pregnant. Hormonal pregnancy test can be negative if you do it too soon.

I recommend you to be patient and if you haven’t had your period in a few days repeat the pregnancy test. If unfortunately you are not pregnant keep trying and be aware that fertility treatments can sometimes take a few attempts before succeeding.

You still have chances to be pregnant, I wish you all the best and I’m sure you will find other women with whom you will be able to share your experience.

Best regards,

Dr. Clara Colomé