JOIN THE ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
FORUM. OUR EXPERTS
RESPOND

unexplained infertility?

ect
in Share your experiences edited November 2016
My husband and I have been to several fertility clinics with no success. Our tests reveal that we are healthy and all blood and physical work is healthy. It is so very frustrating to hear that the diagnosis is simply: unexplained. How can I believe a treatment will work if nobody can find what is wrong? Could you please explain a little more about what things could be responsible for unexplained infertility? It is so painful and hopeless that we are told nothing is wrong but we still cannot conceive. I believe many women share this unsatisfying experience and diagnosis.

Thank you kindly.
Comments
  • Dear ect,
    Thank you for sharing your case and concerns with us.
    Without knowing more about your case history and in particular, your age, it is difficult for us to give you a recommendation that is tailored to your needs, but from what you say, we assume that a complete study of both of you has been carried out and, of course, we understand that the diagnosis of infertility of unknown origin has led to even more concern.

Recently, we wrote an article on just this topic as a result of our own experience, in order to be able to offer both hope and some piece of mind to couples who receive such a diagnosis:
    http://ivf.eugin.co.uk/what-to-do-in-the-event-of-sterility-of-unknown-origin/

It is important to bear in mind that undergoing any kind of assisted reproduction treatment, apart from the fact that it will help you get pregnant, can also be used so that we can complete the diagnosis and, on occasions, enable us to find the problem that until now had gone unnoticed as the tests performed are only "indirect" gauges of fertility and the best test of all to assess all the factors involved is to undergo an assisted reproduction treatment.

We are at your disposal to answer any question you might currently have and to evaluate any other information that you may be able to provide us with in order to offer you a response that is more tailored to your case.

Greetings from the Eugin team