JOIN THE ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
FORUM. OUR EXPERTS
RESPOND

blocked fallopian tubes

jodie 
Hello im jodie and im 21 I got diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes 2 years ago I had keyhole surgery to try to unblock my tubes but they only managed to unblock one I am just wondering what my chances are of concieving on my own and what else I could to to increase my chances thankyou

Hi Jodie,
Thank you for sharing your case with us.

First of all, you should bear in mind that having one permeable Fallopian tube, you can fall pregnant naturally with no need for assisted reproduction.  

All fertile couples are advised to try to conceive for one year before seeking help, ensuring they have sexual intercourse on the woman’s fertile days. If she does not get pregnant within a year, we recommend she consults a doctor who is specialized in assisted reproduction.  

If this were the case and you reached this stage, artificial insemination would be the most suitable treatment for you. With this treatment, your ovulation would be monitored and insemination would preferably be carried out during a menstrual cycle in which the dominant follicle was found in the ovary whose tube is not blocked (although it could also be carried out if the follicle was in the other ovary).     

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards from the team at Eugin
No Comment